The Gaspari Fund application period has now ended. Be on the lookout for future opportunities.
The Fred Gaspari Fund for Families accepts applications from families in the greater MetroWest area who are caring for a loved one with an intellectual or developmental disability. Families benefit by applying funds towards anything that will help make caregiving a little easier. The family member must be living with the family or independently in their own home within the community.
Eligible families may apply for up to $500 for any need necessary to care for their family member. Family needs are broadly defined. Examples of past awards include, but are not limited to:
- Buy an Intellikeys keyboard for family member
- Pay for therapeutic horseback riding classes
- Convert a bedroom into a therapy room
- Fence in backyard for safety
- Purchase shoes and leg braces
- Hire someone to take a family member into the community for social activities
Applications will open Wednesday, October 6, 2021 and are due Wednesday October 27, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. Awards will be announced by Friday November 26, 2021.
- Procedure (application guidelines, eligibility requirements, and process)
- Writing tips (helpful hints)
- Application (this is a paper application, please see below to apply on-line)
Priority will be given to applicants who reside in one of the following towns:
Acton, Ashland, Bellingham, Concord, Dover, Framingham, Franklin, Holliston, Hopedale, Hopkinton, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Marlborough, Maynard, Medfield, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millis, Natick, Needham, Newton, Northborough, Sherborn, Southborough, Stow, Sudbury, Upton, Waltham, Wayland, Wellesley, Westborough, Weston.
Support The Fred Gaspari Fund for Families
If you would like to support the fund with a donation, please click here to donate and direct your gift to The Fred Gaspari Fund. All funds raised are distributed directly to families through the Gaspari Fund.
To learn more about The Gaspari Fund, please contact our Family Support Specialist at (508) 628-6801 or FamilyServices@Advocates.org