Every voice matters. At Advocates, we are committed to working towards social, economic, and health justice for all. Voting reminds our legislators what is important to our community and influences policies that can improve the health and quality of life of the people we support, their families, and our staff. To educate our community about voting, we are launching the Get Out the Vote (GOTV) campaign.
This year, Massachusetts passed the VOTES Act, which makes election reforms prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic permanent, including voting by mail and early voting. Voters may register up to 10 days prior to an election, rather than 20 days. This law also increases accessibility for eligible incarcerated citizens.
- CareVote - Providers' Council
- SignVote: Creating and Sharing Election Resources in ASL
- REV UP Voting Campaign – AAPD
Register to Vote
- Wednesday, August 27: Last day to register to vote for the State Primary election
- Monday, August 29 at 5:00 p.m: Deadline for Primary Vote By Mail application
- Tuesday, September 6: State Primary election day
- Wednesday, October 29: Last day to register to vote in Municipal, State, and Gubernatorial elections
- Tuesday, November 1 at 5:00 p.m: Deadline for General Election Vote By Mail application
- Tuesday, November 8: Municipal, State, and Gubernatorial election day
Share Your Story
Why is voting important to you? Sharing your story will help people who are new to voting, who may feel nervous about voting, or who may not know why voting is so important.
To share your testimonial, please contact Opal Stone, Senior Director of Government & External Relations, at OStone@Advocates.org.