Now accepting applications for caregiver grants!
The Fred Gaspari Fund for Families is now accepting applications from families in the greater MetroWest area who are caring for a loved one with a disability. Families benefit by applying funds towards anything that will help make caregiving a little easier.
Eligible families may apply for up to $500 for any need necessary to care for their family member. Family needs are broadly defined. Examples of past awards include, but are not limited to:
- Buy an Intellikeys keyboard for family member
- Pay for therapeutic horseback riding classes
- Convert a bedroom into a therapy room
- Fence in backyard for safety
- Purchase shoes and leg braces
- Hire someone to take a family member into the community for social activities
Applications will be accepted now through Tuesday, October 30, 2018 by 5:00PM. Awards will be announced by November 30, 2018.
- Procedure (application guidelines, eligibility requirements, and process)
- Writing Tips for Applicants
Applicants must reside in one of the following towns:
Acton, Ashland, Bellingham, Concord, Dover, Framingham, Franklin, Holliston, Hopedale, Hopkinton, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Marlborough, Maynard, Medfield, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millis, Natick, Needham, Newton, Northborough, Sherborn, Southborough, Stow, Sudbury, Upton, Waltham, Wayland, Wellesley, Westborough, Weston.
If you are unable to access the online application or have any questions, please contact Susan Willing at (508) 683-9231 or SWilling@Advocates.org.
If you would like to support the fund with a donation, please click here to donate and direct your gift to The Fred Gaspari Fund. All funds raised are distributed directly to families through the Gaspari Fund.