Are you an Advocates' staff interested in developing leadership skills to advance your career? Advocates is offering an exciting leadership opportunity every fall. Advocates Institute for Emerging Leaders is open to all in entry and mid-level management positions who are interested in developing their management and leadership skills. This includes staff from our service lines, administration, and finance departments.
How it Works
Advocates Institute for Emerging Leadership will have three components:
- An academic year schedule of classes taught by senior, experienced leaders. Topics will cover:
- Leading and Managing Change, Growth and Diversity
- Hiring Staff and Building Teams and Team Culture
- Leading with Mission
- Supervision and Development of Staff
- Time Management
- Quality Assurance
- Managing Up, Down and Across an Organization
A weekly small group meeting with a senior leader to discuss specific issues members have and get consultation on professional growth and development.
- An assigned mentor from Advocates executive team.
For a full list of expectations click here.
Please visit The Connector for application details.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Graduation after completing the course at a graduation ceremony including Advocates senior leaders and board members.